Monday, September 2, 2013



Happy September everyone !!  It is so hard to believe that summer is drawing to a close. Nights getting shorter, shadows getting longer. How I miss the beautiful viberant colors of the leaves as they change color during the autumn, Elem Maple, Birch Oak etc. In my town there are a few trees here and there but the majority of the tree foliage are evergreen trees and I do miss those magnificent majestic towering trees with their gold, red, yellow and orange canopies just begging me to pile up thier generously given leafy treasures and fall blissfully into the swirly colors and deeply inhaling the damp sweet smell as you lay amongst them.

Over the summer I did try my hand and played around with some mixed media canvases.


The first canvas was inspired by Gabrielle and the tutorial on her Such a Pretty Mess Blog. Her tutorial is fantastic and she is so inspiring !!   The papers used for the dress and on the canvas are from Basic Grey : Kissing Booth. Washi tape Tim Holtz



The second canvas  I put my Big Kick to work and starting cutting die cuts. The key and hinge are Tim Holtz, the birdcage is a cottage Cuts. Petaloo flowers, some Tim Holtz embellishments (other embellishments courtesy of our garage lol) Molding paste, gesso and a few Crafters Workshop masks and I was ready to dig in and get my hands messy.


The third canvas I decided to go wild and really get messy.  Molding pastes, gesso ,Kaisercraft and Crafters Workshop masks and lots of tim Holtz distress stains and both Perfect Pearls and Dylusions sprays. A few Prima and Petaloo flowers and some butterlfies (from the local $ store) to finish it off.


No comments:

Post a Comment