Wednesday, September 11, 2013



Happy Hump day !! Whoohoo the weekend is almost here! I've just returned to work this week after a month off for medical reasons and believe me I cannot wait for the weekend lol. 
From the end of August to early October I have quite a few male birthday's in my family. I've struggled a little in the past trying to come up with cards appropriately masculine (sans flowers and poofs and frilly things lol)  Below are a few of the cards I made this time around.


This card was made using Pretty Little Studio: Monsieur Collection, papers and journal card. Film strip border is Tim Holtz.
 My dad is a big fan of the British "Carry On..." films so I bought this stamp for that reason, It is a Technique Tuesday set. I then used  EK punches (scallop and tag) to make the birthday tag.  I cut the tree using a Memory Box die, distressed and inked the edges using Tim Holtz Frayed Burlap and Bundled Twigs.Added an eyelet and some ribbon.  I Stamped the inside of the card using Impression Obsession WoodGrain background stamp. The Birthday banner stamp from hot fudge studio was stamped onto a Spellbinders Label 8 die.
 I again used the Keep Calm and Party stamp on the next card. The papers are from Hot off the Press: Steampunk Collection. Cut out some gears (distress inked and sprayed them) and a car silhouette and good to go !

Thanks so much for stopping by ! Have a fabulous day !!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment