Tuesday, September 10, 2013

I have been such a bad blogger, actually have not even been a blogger. I have no excuse except to blame life lol, and all the surprises, mountains and valleys it throws our way.
I have done some scrapping and card making over the summer months and I even went as far as to branch out and play with mixed media, canvases and even a chipboard album.

the chipboard album is what I am going to showcase here.  The chipbpard album itself was from Want 2 Scrap. (Could I have picked a more difficult shaped album to use as my very first attempt lol) I dug into my hoarded paper stash and broke down and used the papers from My Minds Eye "O Christmas Tree" line.  Beautiful papers that I have been reluctant to use up. 

This was the front cover The Joy and Merry Christmas were both MME tags. The swirl christmas tree almost hidden was a Memory Box Die. Martha Stewart Edge punch, the ornaments were cut using a Prickly Pear die.


The following is the inside cover and first page.  The inside cover is an accordian style envelope to hold little treasures topped of with a Bazzill brad.

 The first page is a Scalloped flip pocket page, the outside holding Christmas tags (above) and below when you flip the insert another side pocket holding photo mats and a journaling tag.



The Second and Third page. 
the second page again has a page pocket holding a photo mat and Christmas tag. The flowers and Seasons greeting tag are both MME. The red Christmas tag was a plain shipping tag, inked with Dylusions Post Box Red and Tim Holtz distress ink Barn Door and Frayed Burlap. Edge punch is Martha Stewart.


The third page is a Baroque pocket with a photomat already mounted and waiting for the special image. Again a Bazzill brad to top it off.



The fourth and fifth pages are pockets holding tags and photo mats. The red tags are made as described above, the other tags are MME's tags.


 The last two pages are again designed to hold photo's.  The sixth page has a little rounded envelope tied together with ribbon.
 The last page is a pocket holding 2 more photo mats and a MME journaling card.
Thanks so much for looking and bearing with me through my first attempted journey into chipboard albums !  Alot of work and a little frustration as I did not have a clue what I was doing or how to make pockets, envelopes, doo-dads and thing -a-ma-jiggies haha ( The person who does make and sell those things would make a killing in my opinion lol)
Have a great day and keep on smiling !!!!

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful job Kymberley.....and great blog post! - Rexene

    ReplyDelete