Sunday, November 3, 2013

Golden Christmas



Another 3 cards tackled and finished!  these cards were pretty easy to make and lots of fun. I have recently fallen in love with embossing, I love to watch it heat up and then suddenly like the sun rising over a field the color starts to change.

the Joy to the World stamp is a KaiserCraft stamp from the set Holly Bright.  The Tree and Merry Christmas stamp are from the Christmas Lodge Stampin Up set ( Have I mentioned how much I love this set !!)

I used Spellbinders Nestabilities Labels 8 to cut the window in the card (before moving the card or the die I used my McGill petal rolling ball thing a stylus with ball on the end..  to run along the outside of the die, doing a quick cheat emboss of the die frame)
I cut 2 pieces of cardstock to fit over the window, notched the edges with the Stampin Up ticket maker punch, stamped and embossed Joy to the World then adhered the edges of the rectangles to the edges of the card window.  I then took a gold metalic pen and ran it along the edges of the lighter cardstock.




 Stamped the tree and Merry Christmas sentiment then embossed using Rangers Queen Gold embossing powder and adhered the card stock to the inside of the card. Inked the edges of the cardstock with Tim Holtz Gathered Twigs Distress ink.



No comments:

Post a Comment