Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Tis the Season



 I know it is still October, but when making all your own Christmas cards  Tis the Season any and every month. I have been trying to get a jump start on some of my Christmas cards this year. Between medical issues, being away, returning to work and taking part in some of the awesome challenges in the Crop Circle group time can really get away from a person!



I'm not sure how many umpteen of these cards I made, these are the cards I will be sending to family and friends over seas.  I got into a conveyer belt mode and once I found my grove these came together rather quickly.
I used the Tim Holtz Mini Ornamental Movers and Shapers Die to cut out the window. then ran the cardstock through my Big Shot using the Swiss Dots (I think) cuttlebug embossing folder.  Inked all of my edges with Tim Holtz Evergreen bough and Iced Spruce Distress inks.  The background tree line is a Memory Box tree Silhouette  stamp that I stamped using Memento Northern Pine. 
The cabin stamp (which I adore)  and the inside card sentiment are from the Stampin Up Christmas Lodge Collection. I used Tim Holtz Aged Mahogany to stamp the cabin and the word sentiments.




I outlined the edges of he cabin rooftop using  a White Marvy Puffy Velvet fabric marker, quickly sprinkled some Martha Stewart crystal glitter while it was still wet, and then set it with my TH heat tool. the Outside sentiment is from Stampin Up Contempo Christmas ( and note to self  do your stamping BEFORE your embossing haha I always seem to forget that ;) )



Thanks for stopping by !!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment